Tuesday 4 September 2018

St John Response

Yesterday on the 3/9/19 we had a St John personal to come to Karoro School and teach us how to
do CPR and use a Defib.


The lady from St John's gave us a card which had the doctors a b c d. D=danger this means look
for dangers and make sure there is nothing to hurt you. R= check for a response to do that “can you
hear me”. S= Send for help and see if they have a phone if you don't have one. A= check their airway
and if their stomach is rising. B= Check if they have normal breathing do this by listening and feeling.
C= Now if they don't respond to the other steps do CPR 30 compressions after that blow into mouth
two times. D= attach a defib if available and the defib will talk you through how to use it.


Sam
I really enjoyed the St John training it will be good if I got put in this situation.


Lincon

I Really enjoyed this because if someone in my family has had a heart attack and if they had one
at home I would know what to do.  Also if I was put into this situation walking from school.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Sam,
    I am a student that attends Panmure Bridge School. I think that this was a great learning for you because saving lives is very important. I would of loved to learn how to save peoples lives. I think that this blog post is awesome. I like how you put other peoples thoughts on this blog post.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.